SAN FRANCISCO, CA, November 10, 2008 - ShoreTel, Inc., (NASDAQ: SHOR), a leading provider of Pure IP Unified Communications (UC) solutions, has extended the UC user experience by integrating its enhanced ShoreTel Converged Conferencing 7.1 solution with the ShoreTel 8.1 Call Manager. The combination dramatically improves day-to-day communications by letting users quickly host meet-me audio and web conferences, chat securely via IM, and instantly share documents - all with a single mouse click from the same interface they use for voice communications. Designed for simplicity, ease of use and affordability, this end-to-end solution for unified voice communications and conferencing eliminates the need for more complicated and expensive hosted conferencing solutions. ShoreTel Converged Conferencing 7.1 also encrypts the instant messaging flow between enterprise users, ensuring proprietary information is safe from exposure to the open Internet.
The affordable ShoreTel Converged Conferencing 7.1 is easy to implement and creates a single vendor solution for ad hoc collaboration, providing enterprise-grade audio, Web conferencing and secure Instant Messaging. The conferencing solution increases productivity, allowing users to schedule one-time, recurring, and reservation-less conferences, providing the flexibility to seamlessly add conferencing tools as needed during a call, and enabling users to record conference audio and presentations.
ShoreTel is sponsoring and exhibiting at VoiceCon San Francisco 2008 on Nov. 11 and 12, and will be demonstrating Converged Conferencing 7.1 in the ShoreTel Booth #317. ShoreTel executives are also speaking in several VoiceCon sessions.
FEATURE & BENEFIT HIGHLIGHTS
- Conferencing and Call Management
- Extends ShoreWare Call Manager with seamless conferencing and collaboration capabilities
- Turns voice calls into conference and collaboration session with the click of a mouse
- Delivers secure IM capabilities within the enterprise
- Secure Enterprise-Grade IM Solution
- Delivers a complete collaborative solution in a single appliance that is easy to deploy and easy to manage
- Enhances communications across sites or time zones via IM conversations and the exchange of presence information
- Offered as a global product release with support for an expanded list of countries and languages
- Enhanced Security
- Support for LDAPS and SNMP v3 with privacy
- Enhanced password policy
- Expanded access codes
- Inter-organization access: can apply different policies to different departments or user groups
- Increased Capacity and Usability Enhancements
- Up to 204 conferencing ports; conferencing port reservation
- Supports webinars and town hall meetings
- Simplified, Secure Administration
- Speeds up administrative training
- Reduces IT manager's time on user changes
"In this challenging economic environment, companies are looking for communications solutions that can help them reduce costs while delivering enterprise-grade security and reliability. Today, our customers can affordably extend the tools they use for voice calls to conferencing and collaboration - simplifying their communications, increasing productivity, and significantly driving down costs by eliminating the expense of a hosted service."
- Kevin Gavin, Vice President of Marketing, ShoreTel
"As the nation's largest provider of network-critical power equipment, we maintain service agreements in all 50 states, and our staff depend on ShoreTel Converged Conferencing to work together to deliver a comprehensive package of power products and services to our customers. With so many people using our conferencing system, the ability of Converged Conferencing 7.1 to reserve ports allows us to avoid conflicts and reduce costs through more efficient conference port management."
- Kevin Mengelt, Chief Information Officer, JT Packard, a Power Plus! Company
About ShoreTel, Inc.
ShoreTel, Inc. (NASDAQ: SHOR) is a provider of business communication solutions whose brilliantly simple unified communications platforms, applications and mobile UC solutions promise a new rhythm of workforce engagement and collaboration. With costly complexity eliminated by design from its award-winning, all-in-one IP phone system, UC and contact center solution, and its industry-leading hosted phone system, workers enjoy a freedom and self-reliance that other providers can’t match. Users have full control to engage and collaborate, no matter the time, place or device, for the lowest cost and demand on IT resources in the industry. ShoreTel is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has regional offices and partners worldwide. For more information, visit shoretel.com or shoretelsky.com.
ShoreTel, ShoreTel Sky, and the ShoreTel logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of ShoreTel, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries.